Sunday, December 4, 2011

Nonna

Ellie calls Scott Dada. It is very obvious she means him when she says it. When we are at work, she rarely says it unless something reminds her of him or if I ask about him. At home, she will use it all the time. She knows home is where her Dada is.

For a little while, she was calling me Momma, but it went away. Well, she still uses Momma when she is mad at me. If she wants me and I can't come immediately, she screams, "Maaamaaamamamaaa!"

But she has recently started to say Nonna a lot. At first I just thought it was a new sound. However, we have realized that it's Ellie's affectionate name for me! She says it in the sweetest voice! It sounds like Momma, but with n's. I don't know if she's heard people call me Rhiannon and picked up on it, or if she's just made up her own thing for me, but I love it!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, she is starting to talk already, she is sooooosmart, just like her Nonna!! I love it - I love her little name for you, it Does sound like "baby talk" for Rhiannon!! It must be so amazing to hear your little baby call you by name!! I cant wait to see her!!!!!!! (and you! teehee)

    ReplyDelete