Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ellie's Potty

Almost every morning, Ellie wakes up with a dry diaper.  Within a few minutes, however, she is soaked right through her pajamas.  I had tried to sit her on a potty that we had been given before she was born, but she is still so little, she just about fell in!  So I recently looked up "little potty" on Amazon to see what was available and I found the perfect potty!  

Ellie's Little Potty

My plan with the potty was to just see if I could avoid that initial morning soak of the day.  I certainly had no intentions on "potty training" my nine month old.  I started on Christmas morning and sat her on the potty in the bathroom while I sat on the "big potty."  As soon as she heard me go, she went!  I was so excited!

The next morning, I did the same thing and she went again!  This has been the case every morning since I've started!  But today I thought I'd try to put her on the potty any time her diaper seemed dry or dryish.  She peed on her potty FOUR TIMES today!

I think that she is already making associations with her potty that allow her to release that muscle.  I'm still not attempting to "train" her, but I do feel like this will possibly eliminate the need to train her at all in the long run.  I'm theorizing that if I put her on the potty often and give her the option to go there, she will eventually choose that over her diaper.  I plan to teach her the sign for potty starting tomorrow and hope that once she learns it, she can tell me if she wants to use her potty.  


2 comments:

  1. Ellie is such a smart little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is absolutely amazing!! I can hardly believe it! --but I do--she is so smart, and I cant wait to see her again!! now go tell her to slow down and wait for grama!! lol!

    ReplyDelete