Friday, March 4, 2011

Due Date! *or* "I Bet You're Excited!"

Well everyone, here it is! The big day! The day I've waited 9 months 10 months for! Eleanor's due date!

All week I have had people look at my belly wide-eyed and say, "when are you due?" I would say, "Friday," and watch their eyes get even wider. Then they say, "Oh only x number of days! I bet you're excited!"

So call me a party pooper, but I'm not excited about the due date. It's actually sort of a let down of a day if you ask me. I don't feel any closer to labor than I did a week ago and it's discouraging. If I didn't know better (and maybe I don't) I would think this baby has taken up permanent residence in my body. I feel like one day I'll finally give birth... to a teenager!

At my last two appointments, I was 50% thinned with a very soft but completely closed cervix. I want a natural birth with no epidural. I have an induction scheduled. I feel like this is a contradiction, although I know that the induction is scheduled for the last possible date. The scheduled induction does offer the bright side of letting me have a concrete date when I know that something will happen. Unfortunately, it is 2 weeks away.

1 comment:

  1. oh boy do I remember that feeling--with my first--oh yeah it was you,lol, I was very excited about the due date, and completely discouraged as I watched it get farther and farther behind me!! You wait so long for that DAy, then it comes and go unremarkably, and I thought "Now What????" and it was hell cuz you were so late--and do you know 1 week before your due date (which was feb 3 or 4) --I went to the hospital with a false alarm--it was my first braxton hicks, and I thought it was the real thing---so then, for me, the wait after that was 4 weeks!!
    Its very exciting, she'll really be here by Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I Love You!!!!
    MoM

    ReplyDelete