Monday, September 6, 2010

Getting Better. . .

Sorry that the last post was such a downer. I was really feeling terrible! But things have improved quite a bit this last week! I am able to eat and keep food down. I can even brush my teeth without triggering a gag reflex!

I'm very excited about being able to eat semi-normally again.

Another exciting development is that I can now feel the baby when I lie on my stomach! I can't feel it move yet, but there is definitely something in there that wasn't before!

My next midwife appointment is in one week. I will have to get my blood drawn which I hate. If one more woman with a needle tells me, "Well Honey, you better get used to it. If you can't handle a needle, how are you gonna handle childbirth?!" I'm gonna stab her with her own syringe!

More exciting is that in 28 days I get my ultrasound! And then I'll find out if it's a boy or a girl! If the baby refuses to show us, then I'm planning to take a later trip to a 3D ultrasound tech to find out anyway. But I really want to know sooner than later!!!

I am planning on purchasing a sewing machine within the next month and teaching myself to sew. I will have to see how good I am, but I'm thinking about sewing the crib bedding myself. I definitely want to learn to make baby clothes!!! So I want to find out the gender so I can start choosing fabric and patterns!

It is still very hard to believe that the frenzy that is pregnancy will eventually be a little human being that I am completely and utterly responsible for. Its health and happiness, its nutrition and education. This baby has no issues right now, no blemishes, and it will be up to me to take this perfectly clean slate and fill it with what I hope will be the right ingredients for a happy and fulfilling life. Whoa! Of everything I've ever done, this will be the most important job of my life.

It's overwhelming and wonderful and I can't wait to meet this little person!

1 comment:

  1. I am still in AWE that you are pregnant!! I prayed and prayed over the years that you would get this dream come true!! your blog brought me to tears, I'm so touched to hear you talk about your baby, and you sound so happy (in spite of the problems) in that magical way that I remember when I was PG for you--I'm excited that you can feel the little lump of love in there, and happy you are eating semi-normal again!!--you will be great with a sewing machine, I just know it!!

    ReplyDelete