Friday, November 12, 2010

Six Months!

Today I am officially six months pregnant! And although one would figure by basic math that that means I'm starting my third trimester. Pregnancy math is a completely different thing. I will officially be in my third trimester on December 3rd. And although I am six months pregnant, I have three and a half months until my due date.

This is okay with me. I cannot believe how time is flying! I welcome the extra half month! I think about how fast the last six months have gone and can't imagine that in half that time I'll be holding her! And eating SUSHI!! I'm excited about both...

I wanted to reflect upon something I've discovered since I became pregnant. This is the sense of community that exists between women. The generosity that so many women have shown me is amazing. I didn't know how I would afford my temporary wardrobe and before I could think too much about it, I had a closet FULL of clothes! People have given me a crib mattress, toys, baby clothes, baby hats, sheets, a changing mattress, and the list goes on! One woman is even lending me her daughter's bassinet! It's genuinely heartwarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment